Energy Assistance Applications Are Now Available
St. Louis Park, Minn., Sept. 24, 2015– Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin (CAPSH) is now accepting applications for its Energy Assistance Program (EAP). EAP is a federally-funded program that provides financial assistance to low income households to maintain electric and heat services during the winter heating months. Assistance is available to all eligible Hennepin County residents, including the City of Minneapolis.
CAPSH staff will be available at the following suburban Hennepin County locations to accept applications and answer client questions:
8800 Highway 7, Suite 401
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Hours: M & W 8:00 AM- 7:00 PM
Tue, TH, F 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM
|Northwest Family Service Center
7051 Brooklyn Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
Hours: M,W,F 8:00 AM – 4:30PM
|VEAP Community Service Center
9600 Aldrich Ave S.
Bloomington, MN 55420
Hours: Thurs. 8:00 AM– 6:30 PM
During the 2015-2016 heating program season, CAPSH will also have staff available at three conveniently located Minneapolis community partner locations to ensure that all Minneapolis residents can easily access this vital program.
|Center For Changing Lives
Lutheran Social Services
2400 Park Avenue S.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Hours: M-F 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM
|Minneapolis Urban League
2100 Plymouth Ave N., #112 Minneapolis, MN 55411
Hours: M – F 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
|Sabathani Community Center
310 E 38th St., #211
Minneapolis, MN 55409
Hours: Mon. 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Tue – F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Important notes regarding CAPSH’s Energy Assistance Program:
- Energy Assistance applications are available now through May 31st, 2016.
- Both renters and homeowners can apply.
- It is a grant, not a loan. Benefit recipients do not have to pay the money back.
- The grant is intended to cover a portion of the household’s energy and heating bill. It is important that those who receive energy assistance continue to make payments and/or request a reasonable payment plan with their energy provider.
- The grant is paid directly to the electric and heat provider.
- Homeowners may be eligible for emergency furnace repair or replacement.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply before they face an emergency.
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility for this program is based upon income guidelines corresponding to household size.
How to apply?
The 2015-2016 EAP application may be downloaded from the link below or requested by calling CAPSH at 952-930-3541. Applicants can also fill out this form for more information on applying or to request an application.
To contact the Energy Assistance Program:
Phone: 952-930-3541 Fax: 952-697-1313 Email: email@example.com