On June 7, 2019, Jennifer, Dean and I attended a dinner celebration at the VFW regarding individuals and organizations that helped make their recent restroom renovation project a success. The completed project looks great and will help Veterans and their families for many years into the future, especially those with mobility issues due to service injury illnesses and aging.
During the celebration, PBYR presented a plaque to Commander Jim Heimerl in honor of his lifelong dedication to community service. His quiet Dignity and Courage is an inspiration to all!
Gary was able to highlight the PBYR-VFW partnership since 2011:
- The VFW helped with a steering committee for PBYR, even before PBYR was operational
- The VFW has had continued presence on the PBYR Board since 2012
- The VFW is the mail address for PBYR
- The PBYR-VFW have partnered and shared tables at Home Depot Programs and other programs
- PBYR-VFW Partnered with purchase of American Dream Oak – a living part of the Plymouth Veterans Memorial
- The VFW helped PBYR achieve 501(c)3 status
- PBYR-VFW have partnered with programs for Memorial Day and Veterans Day
It was an honor for PBYR to attend the celebratory dinner and participate in this remodeling project. PBYR looks forward for the PBYR-VFW partnership to continue and grow with the passage of time. Also, I must note that their prime rib was 12 on a 10 point scale!
Gary Goldetsky, Psy.D, LP, President, Plymouth Beyond the Yellow Ribbon