The Metro area YMCA’s have some great Veteran Appreciation events going on this month. We would love to have you be a part of any and all of these events.
We have a promo for sign up right now as well so make sure everyone takes advantage of this deal!!
Eastside YMCA – ST Paul MN
Rise and Shine Bootcamp: 8:45 am to 9:45 am (Open to all)
Pancake Breakfast: 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Open to all Veteran’s and their family) The Eastside YMCA will also host an Open House to all military and their families
Open to all with proof of Military I.D or DD214.
WHEN: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10th
TIME: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
LOCATION: EASTSIDE CONFERENCE ROOM
St. Paul Eastside YMCA
875 Arcade Street
St. Paul, MN 55106
Forest Lake YMCA
When : Nov 30th
Where : At the Forest Lake YMCA
All are welcome to join. Please bring a DD214 for grant tracking purposes and also get an extra raffle ticket for doing so. We have two raffle baskets one from tin whiskers brewery and one from the YMCA swag bag. Bring a dish to pass
Open House and Veterans breakfast
Nov 14th 10am
1761 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
St. Paul Midway YMCA
Elk River YMCA
Open House and a Boot Camp Class Monday Nov 12th
13337 Business Center Drive Northwest
Elk River, MN 55330
YMCA presents “A Run For Everyone” Minneapolis Fun Run
Family running together at the park.
What: Family-friendly fun run
Where: Bde Maka Ska (Formerly Lake Calhoun), Minneapolis, MN
When: Saturday, April 14th, 2018
Register now at: https://www.zapevent.com/reg/event/15104
**Volunteer opportunities are available if you are looking for volunteer time or something to do while family and friends run. Register to help at: http://signup.com/go/eLxuhsJ
Local Veterans Day Discounts and Freebies – ID or proof of service required.
- Applebee’s. Nov. 11, Last year, Applebee’s served over one million free meals to Military Veterans and active Service Members. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015. There will be 7 entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required. Here are the offerings for free meals: 7 oz. sirloin with vegetables and mashed potatoes; Fiesta Lime Chicken; Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta; Crunchy Shrimp Platter with fries and coleslaw, Oriental Chicken salad; All in Standard Burger with fries; Chicken Finger platter with fries and coleslaw; A whole bunch of Thank You to all the VETS!!!!
- Champps. Veterans and active duty military get a free meal (up to a value of $15) on Veteran’s Day, Wednesday November 11. Limit one free meal per person. Must show proof of service to receive offer; proof of service includes U.S, Uniform Services ID card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired ID card, Current Leave and Earnings statement, Veterans Organization card, DD214 Citation or Commendation, or wear a uniform. Dine-in only. Valid towards food and soft beverages only. Tax and gratuity not included. Valid at participating locations only.
- Great Clips. On November 11, customers who come in for a service can get a free haircut card to give to their favorite veteran. Veterans can also receive a free haircut or get the free haircut card. Haircuts are redeemable until Dec. 31
- Green Mill Bar and Restaurant. Nov 11th, Free menu item for lunch or dinner. Offer includes any single item from our menu for dine in only. Pizza restricted to a small one-topping Deep Dish. Proof of Military service required. They are doing this on top of the Veterans Day Dinner at Country Inn. Thank you for your service and sacrifices.
- Perkin’s Restaurant & Bakery. Nov. 11,offering current Service Members and Veterans a free Magnificent Seven meal which includes two eggs, three buttermilk pancakes, and a choice of two bacon strips or two sausage links. Beverage not included.
- Tires Plus. Between November 8 and 15, Veterans and active duty personnel receive an additional 10% OFF the lowest advertised price of any automotive service.
- YMCA. The YMCA welcomes all active and retired Military, Veterans and their dependent to use the YMCA facilities free of charge with a military identification card. Additionally, all those listed above will have the opportunity to join the YMCA on Veterans’ Day for just one dollar ($1.00) with no membership dues until January 2016.
A special thanks goes to all businesses, agencies and organizations that practice. ”Every day is Veteran’s Day.”
Make every day Veteran’s Day. . .thank a Veteran!